Home' Rhythms Magazine : 2017 Mar-Apr Contents Rhythms 13
CELEBRATING 25 YEARS OF RHYTHMS MAGAZINE -
BASEMENT DISCS HIGHLY RECOMMEND
NEW MAR/APRIL LIVE IN-STORE
̄ XYLOURIS WHITE FRI 3RD MARCH
̄ DORI FREEMAN (USA) THURS 9TH MARCH
̄ JOSH RENNIE-HYNES FRI 17TH MARCH
̄ LIAM GERNER FRI 24TH MARCH
SAT 22ND APRIL RECORD STORE DAY EXTRAVAGANZA!
* CHECK WEBSITE FOR DETAILS & UPDATES
All shows in-store at 12.45 (lunchtime)
* also available on vinyl LP
• ALL OUR EXES LIVE IN TEXAS 'When We Fall'
• BELA FLECK 'Juno Concerto'
• CHRIS DIFFORD 'Chris To The Mill'
• COLIN HAY 'Fierce Mercy'
• ERIC GALES 'Middle of The Road'
• GUY CLARK 'Best of the Dualtone Years'
(2CD incl, prev unreleased Live & Demo tracks) *
• JOHN MAYALL 'Talk About That' (Joe Walsh guests)
• KING GIZZARD & THE LIZARD WIZARD 'Flying
Microtonal Banana' *
• DVD/BLURAY NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS
'One More Time With Feeling'
• OLD 97's 'Graveyard Whistlin' *
• OTIS TAYLOR 'Fantasizing About Being Black'
• ALISON KRAUSS 'Windy City'
• STEVE HACKETT & DJABE 'Summer Storms &
• FAIRPORT CONVENTION '50:50 @ 50' (Guests
including Robert Plant, Jacquie McShee)
• HURRAY FOR THE RIFF RAFF 'The Navigator' *
• JIM LAUDERDALE 'London Southern'
• JOEY DEFRANCESCO 'Project Freedom'
• KURT ROSENWINKEL 'Caipi'
• LAURA MARLING 'Semper Femina'
• MAGNETIC FIELDS '50 Song Memoir'
• PHIL MANZANERA 'Live at the Curious Arts Festival'
• PIETA BROWN 'Postcards'
• TEDESCHI TRUCKS BAND 'Live from the Fox
Oakland' (2CD + BluRay) plus (3LP also) *
• VALERIE JUNE 'The Order of Time' *
• REVEREND PEYTON'S BIG DAMN BAND 'Front
• CONOR OBERST 'Salutations' *
• TAMIKREST 'Kidal' *
• DEVON SPROULE 'The Gold String'
• JETHRO TULL 'The String Quartets'
• LLOYD COLE 'In New York 1988–1996) (Dlxe Ltd Ed
• REISSUE PAUL McCARTNEY 'Flowers In The Dirt'
(Special Ed 2CD, Ltd Dlxe Ed Box Set, 2LP Vinyl)
• ERIC BIBB 'Migration Blues'
• JULIA HOLTER 'In The Same Room' *
• THE MAVERICKS 'Brand New Day' *
• RODNEY CROWELL 'Close Ties'
• ALLAN HOLDSWORTH 'Eidolon' also avail 'The Man
Who Changed Guitar Forever’ (12 CD BOX)
• IMELDA MAY 'Life Love Flesh Blood' (Dlxe Ed also)
• GUY DAVIS & FABRIZIO POGGI 'Sonny & Brownie’s
• MARK LANEGAN 'Gargoyle' *
• ED SHEERAN 'Divide' (Dlxe Ed also)
• JAMIROQUAi 'Automaton' *
• REISSUE FLEETWOOD MAC 'Tango in the Night'
(Special ed 2CD, Super Deluxe 4CD + LP & LP)
• PAUL WELLER 'Jawbone' (Music from the film)*
• GOLFRAPP 'Silver Eye'
• RAY DAVIES 'Americana' *
• SEAN ROWE 'New Love'
• RY COODER 'Live at The Bottom Line 1974'
• DVD/BLURAY ERIC CLAPTON 'Live in San Diego'
Special Guest J.J Cale, Derek Trucks, Robert Cray also)
• THUNDERCAT 'Drunk' *
• FATHER JOHN MISTY 'Pure Comedy' *
• ORCHESTRA BAOBAB 'Tribute to Ndionga Dieng'
• COCO MONTOYA 'Hard Truth'
VALERIE JUNE ‘The Order of Time’
Valerie’s highly anticipated 2nd album is an enthralling &
illuminating leap forward. The Tennessee bred, Brooklyn
based songwriter weaves electric blues, African rhythms, cosmic
atmospherics and delicate soul into an inventive & wholly original
rumination on love, family, struggle & the passing of time.
ALISON KRAUSS ‘Windy City’
Though the 10 tracks on this new album were mostly
recorded back in 2013, the process to complete the project
was slowed by extensive touring with UNION STATION & vocal
problems that forced her to stop singing for a brief period. This is a
beautifully curated collection of classic songs & whilst they span
different eras & musical genres there is a unifying sensibility... &
that voice... what a beautiful thing!
THE MAVERICKS ‘Brand New Day’
Their 9th studio album features 10 tracks that they took
their time to build... this time, on their own label, there were
no pressures to make ‘radio friendly’ tracks necessarily, and gave
the band the chance to zero in on their Latin influences. In a world
where things have become increasingly divisive, it’s safe to say
this project should bring a good dose of light & joy into our lives!
SEAN ROWE ‘New Lore’
We’re huge fans of his amazing baritone & evocative
songwriting... and this one delivers a collection of affecting
stories of desperation & resilience, augmented by very tasty musical
arrangements, flourishes of piano & a string section. Recorded at
the historic SAM PHILLIPS Studio in Memphis.
OTIS TAYLOR ‘Fantasizing About Being Black’
Blending his unique songwriting, playing & compelling
vocal style- which he refers to as ‘trance blues’ – this new
project inspires with stories of the enduring human spirit...
a hypnotic sound coupled with Taylor’s lyrics tell a story of
OPEN 7 DAYS
24 Block Place Melbourne 3000
MAIL ORDER WELCOME
PHONE 9654 1110
Rhythms_205x280mm_MAR/APR 17_Layout 1 6/02/17 3:01 PM Page 1
Links Archive 2017 Jan-Feb 2017 May-Jun Navigation Previous Page Next Page