Home' Rhythms Magazine : 2016 Sept-Oct Contents Rhythms 13
BASEMENT DISCS HIGHLY RECOMMEND
NEW THIS MONTH SEPT LIVE IN-STORE SEPT
̄ DEBORAH CONWAY FRI 2nd SEPT
̄ DO YO THANGS FRI 9th SEPTEMBER
̄ MICHAEL MENAGER FRI 30th SEPTEMBER
* CHECK WEBSITE FOR OCTOBER UPDATES
All shows in-store at 12.45 (lunchtime)
* also available on vinyl LP
• KING CRIMSON 'Radical Action To Unseat the
Hold of Monky Mind' (3CD/BR)
• ANGEL OLSEN 'My Woman' *
• THE METERS 'A Message From The Meters:
The Complete Josie, Reprise & Warn Singles' (2CD)
• CHATHAM COUNTY LINE 'Autumn'
• NICK CAVE & BAD SEEDS 'Skeleton Tree' *
• WILCO 'Schmilco' *
• THE BEATLES 'Live @ Hollywood Bowl'
(remast w 4 prev.unreleased songs)
• K.T. TUNSTALL 'Kin' *
• ST. PAUL & THE BROKEN BONES 'Sea of Noise' *
• PARTON/HARRIS/RONSTADT 'The Complete
Trio Coll' (3CD w. prev.unrel.& altern.takes)
• PARTON/HARRIS/RONSTADT 'My Dear
Companion' (selections from above)
• ZZ TOP 'Live-Greatest Hits fr.around the World'
• LED ZEPPELIN 'Complete BBC Sessions' (Dlx.ed
3CD,Dlx vinyl ed, or Super Dlx3CD's/5LPs+)
• VANILLA FUDGE 'Out Through the In Door:
Tribute to Led Zeppelin'
• IAN HUNTER & THE RANT BAND 'Fingers Crossed'
• MADELEINE PEYROUX 'Secular Hymns'
(Songs by WAITS,DIXON,TOUSSAINT,etc)
• DAVID BOWIE 'Who Can I Be Now? (74-76)'
(12CD, 13LP both includ. 'The Gouster' prev.unrel)
• BILLY BRAGG & JOE HENRY 'Shine A Light: Field
Recordings from the Great American Railroad' *
• JOHN PRINE 'For Better or For Worse' *
• JOE BONAMASSA 'Live @ The Greek Theatre'
• PIXIES 'Head Carrier' *
• NITTY GRITTY DIRT BAND 'Circlin' Back –
Celebrating 50 yrs' (CD or CD/DVD)
• BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN 'Chapter & Verse'
(companion to Bruce's autobiography incl.5 unrel.songs)
• RANDY NEWMAN 'Songbook Vol 3'
(Also vol 1-3 on LP ie 4LPs)
• DEVENDRA BANHART 'Ape in Pink Marble' *
• DRIVE-BY-TRUCKERS 'American Band' *
• DOYLE BRAMHALL II 'Rich Man' *
• DANIEL LANOIS 'Goodbye to Language'
• GRAHAM PARKER 'These Dreams Will Never
Sleep: The Best of 76-2015' (6CD/DVD)
• YES 'Tales From Topographic Oceans'
(Steve Wilson Remix)
• VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR 'Do Not Disturb'
• PASSENGER 'Young As The Morning Old As The Sea'
• VAN MORRISON 'Keep Me Singing' (new material)
• RUMER 'This Girl's In Love – A Bacharach &
• OASIS 'Be Here Now' (3CD Dlx reissue)
• SEASICK STEVE 'Keepin' the Horse Between Me
& the Ground'
• ERIC CLAPTON 'Live In San Diego' w. special
guest J.J. CALE (2CD or 3LP)
YOLANDA INGLEY ‘This Dangerous Age’
Originally cutting her teeth on early soul, blues & jazz,
Yolanda has been impressing audiences in the clubs and pubs
of Melbourne & overseas. Incredibly, she only started writing her
own songs 2 years ago – her songs project great soul, wit, wry
observation & depth of vision with clever & interesting musical
arrangements. The resulting new album, ‘This Dangerous Age’, is a
simply stunning album of great lyrical songs that defies genre, that
resonates & really connects with listeners, beautifully arranged &
recorded, & featuring the ‘cream’ of Melbourne’s finest musicians.
(This one is Suzanne's album of the year for 2016!! A stand out in a
ST.PAUL & THE BROKEN BONES
‘Sea of Noise’
St. Paul’s breakthrough 2013 debut ‘Half the City’ was a fine
showcase for their mix of rock & soul grooves & saw them touring
the world, appearing at most major festivals (includ. Byron this
year) & wowing audiences with their explosive, brass-heavy live
shows. Hand-picked to open 2 stadium shows for The ROLLING
STONES, this follow-up release sees the band on a major creative
MADELEINE PEYROUX ‘Secular Hymns’
Marking her 20th year as a recording artist, Madeleine
releases a spirited & soulful collection of covers in a
captivating mix of funk, blues & jazz settings. An eclectic &
interesting choice of songs from blues artists (Willie Dixon),
contemp & revered composers (Waits, Van Zandt, Toussaint), one
from Stephen Foster & closes with a trad. African-American spiritual.
BILLY BRAGG & JOE HENRY ‘Shine A Light:
Field Recordings from the Great American
Railroad’ Tracked during a 2,728 mile rail trip from
Chicago to Los Angeles, this is an album of acoustic, harmony-heavy
duets filled with covers of train songs first popularised by JIMMIE
RODGERS, LEADBELLY, HANK WILLIAMS, CARTER FAMILY et al. With
these 2 major talents at the helm, you can quite confidently expect a
VAN MORRISON ‘Keep Me Singing’
First collection of new songs in 4 years & his 36th studio
album in all. Self-produced, it features 12 new songs
including the closing instrumental on which Van plays both piano &
sax, along with a cover of ‘Share Your Love With Me’ (first recorded
by Bobby ‘Blue’ Bland, & a hit for Aretha).
OPEN 7 DAYS
24 Block Place Melbourne 3000
MAIL ORDER WELCOME
PHONE 9654 1110
Links Archive 2016 Jul-Aug 2016 Nov-Dec Navigation Previous Page Next Page